River rafting is a fascinating new way of exploring the nature’s bounty filled with bonding, fun and joy.
Even if you don’t know swimming and even if you haven’t done it before, you can still go for river rafting because the grade is II, which is simple. We will take care of you.
It isn’t everyday that you encounter the freshness of mountain waters below, the vast expanse of sky above, along lush green mountains and a dancing raft. Riding through the waves, getting splashed and enjoying the gushing waters of the river, this is a journey you will never forget.
- First, you will be given a few minutes of instructions.
- Then, you will be provided with helmet and jacket.
- After understanding the instructions and asking questions, you will proceed for river rafting accompanied by a guide.
- When you are enjoying rafting, you will get wet, so at the ending point, there is a room for changing.
- So, please remember to bring a spare set of clothes.
Locations in Manali
Seasons Best Suited
You can river raft all year round (even during monsoons)but not in the months of July, August and September.
Some operators illegally take people to river raft, it can prove to be very dangerous.
You only have to follow the instructions, enjoy the beautiful views and bond with the only ones around.
- Never try to take the importance of helmet and life jacket for granted.
- The guide must at least be certified and must possess the required skills.
- You may also get to jump in the river once, which is safe.
- Make sure you understand the instructions well.
10 years and above.
If the person is below 18 years of age, parent’s/guardian’s consent is required.
Seeing the maturity and alertness of the child, operators may consider allowing the child who is one or two years younger or older.
There is no weight limit.
Is it scary?
No, its fun. When the raft jumps up and down suddenly, its amusing, not scary.
Best time of the day to paraglide?
River Rafting is done during the daylight hours from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m..
Spare set of clothes are very important
Since there’s a good chance that you’ll get wet, river rafting when the Sun is high up in the sky seems reasonable, otherwise, you’ll feel cold in wet clothes.
Can I bring my own camera?
Advisably, you should not take your own camera due to the risk of losing it. But you can take it if you wish, but at your own risk. At Huntfactor Adventures, a GoPro will be attached to the front part of the raft which will record the rafters’ expressions as well as the scenic beauty.
River Rafting is not suitable for patients suffering from heart problems, high or low blood pressure, or asthma.
What to Wear?
Loose, comfortable clothes. Preferably, synthetic clothes so that your clothes don’t absorb water during splashes.
How many friends can raft at a time?
There are two types of rafts-
- Sharing Raft – You share your raft with other people. A total of six people are carried on a raft.
- Exclusive Raft – The raft is exclusively for two people. The rower rows the boat and their is complete privacy.
Equipments used in Paragliding
- Safety helmet
- The instructor must have completed the Advanced course in River Rafting. Also, he must be certified to take other people for rafting.
- He should be clear and fluent in the language you understand so that you can follow instructions easily.
For safe and quality River Rafting adventure, click here – http://www.huntfactor.com/tours/river-rafting
What if the weather is adverse?
River Rafting is not so much of a weather-dependent activity. Operators will be able to tell if rafting can be done It can be done during rains because the raft has an outlet but certainly not during July-September.
Do operators provide flight photos/videos?
Yes, they do provide photos and videos after paying some extra money.